Asta and Yuno were abandoned together at the same church and have been inseparable since. As children, they promised that they would compete against each other to see who would become the next Emperor Magus. Black Clover (ブラッククローバー)
Black Clover Season 1 (ブラッククローバー, 黑色四叶草 (Chinese (PRC))) 2021 anime 2021 all full episodes for free in high-quality streaming.
ANIME1ST – The Official Source of Anime and Drama. The best streaming anime website without ads and with all the new exclusive content for you to watch every day.
Before Watching Black Clover Season 1, Here is Everything You Need to Know:
Black Clover Season 1 Synopsis:
At the same church, Asta and Yuno were abandoned on the same day. Raised together as children, they came to know the “Wizard King” a title granted to the kingdom’s greatest magician and vowed that they would fight for the role of the next Wizard King against each other. However, the stark contrast between them became clear when they grew up. Although Yuno is able to use magic with incredible strength and energy, Asta is unable to use magic at all and through practicing physically, actively attempts to awaken his powers.
Yuno is bestowed with a spectacular Grimoire with a four-leaf clover as they reach the age of 15, while Asta gets none. Soon after, however, Yuno is assaulted by an individual called Lebuty, whose primary aim is to acquire the Grimoire of Yuno. Asta attempts to fight Lebuty, but he’s outdone. Though without hope and on the verge of failure, when he hears Yuno’s voice, he finds the courage to proceed. Unleashing his inner feelings in a fury, Asta receives a Grimoire five-leaf clover.
An orphan lad with no specialties except hard work thrives to achieve his goal. Neither his dead father is a hero nor he has support from powerful people. The only person that acknowledges him is his childhood friend and rival with very special abilities.
Opening Theme in Black Clover Season 1:
Ending Theme in Black Clover Season 1:
Insert song in Black Clover Season 1:
Official website of Black Clover Season 1:
Reviews of Black Clover Season 1:
Black Clover Season 1 Characters:
Black Clover Season 1 Main Characters:
Asta (アスタ, Asuta)
is the main protagonist of Black Clover. He is an orphan who was left under the care of a church by his mother during his infancy. He has high aspirations of becoming the next Wizard King.
He possesses no magical power, but he overcame his weakness by increasing his physical strength, which allowed him to join the Magic Knight Squad known as the Black Bulls after acquiring a five-leaf clover grimoire where the Anti-Magic devil Liebe resides. The grimoire allows him to use Anti-Magic effectively due to his lack of mana, later honing his senses to predict an opponent’s attack by sensing their ki.
Asta originally used the magic-nullifying Demon-Slayer Sword and the magic-siphoning Demon-Dweller Sword he acquired at a dungeon, later acquiring the Demon-Destroyer Sword at the Eye of the Midnight Sun’s hideout that allows him to destroy magic’s actual effects, even after the spell has been cast. This allows him to exorcise the elf spirits, should he inflict enough damage to their host bodies using it.
Asta later learns his weapons and grimoire once belonged to Elf Race’s leader Licht, the book itself revealed to have demonic origins as its creation was engineered by the devil Zagred with another devil sealed within it. After the Witch Queen used her magic to increase the Anti-Magic flow in Asta’s body, he gained the ability to transform into a form called “Black Asta” by tapping into the power of the devil within his grimoire.
However, Asta later learns his power subjects him to a curse mark known as Weg that makes him a target for the Magic Parliament, who see him as a monster that needs to be destroyed. At Julius’ request, he later travels to the Heart Kingdom, where he stays for six months to train and prepare for the fight against the Spade Kingdom.
During his fight with Dante, his right arm becomes permanently corrupted with his Devil’s power. With his new arm, he coats Yami’s katana with Anti Magic, and it becomes the Demon-Slasher Katana. He likes saying what Yami taught him if he’s in trouble in a fight.
Yuno (ユノ, Yuno)
is an orphan who turns out to be a prince from the Spade Kingdom’s former royal family House Grinberryall. He was left under the care of a church during his infancy, acquiring a four-leaf clover grimoire, and became a member of the Golden Dawn. He uses Wind Magic and is the chosen partner of Sylph the Wind Spirit of the 4 great attributes. Sylph (nicknamed “Bell”) often tries to play around with Yuno, but due to his serious demeanor, he is often found complaining.
His serious attitude came about when Asta was injured defending him from bullies as a child. Yuno could only admire how Asta saved him, despite not having magic, and it made him feel ashamed. To make up for this, he trained himself to become Asta’s equal in a moral sense.
His “cool” demeanor is only broken when he is enjoying himself, usually when fighting someone strong or watching Asta prove his strength. He has proven himself to be a rising star among the ranks of Golden Dawn, capable of beating even the strongest mages with little to no effort. When he is physically changed into an Elf by Patry’s ritual (the soul is hinted to be that of Licht’s unborn son) Yuno’s magical might and willpower allowed him to retain his mind as he faced Patry and the demon manipulating him.
Noelle Silva (ノエル・シルヴァ, Noeru Shiruva)
is a silver-haired member of the Black Bulls and the fourth-born child of the Clover Kingdom’s royal family, House of Silva. While incredibly powerful as a royal, possessing a vast amount of mana, Noelle initially had trouble controlling her Water Magic with her older brother Nozel acting resentful to her as his way of protecting her from both harm and the truth behind the death of their mother Acier.
While Noelle used a wand as a means to cope with this magic, she learns that she has been unconsciously holding herself back out of fear of hurting anyone.
Eventually, her training and the positive feedback from her new friends in the Black Bulls allow her to overcome that flaw, displaying her full potential when fighting the elf Kevin and gains the ability to create water-based armor that increases her offense and defense. N
Black Clover Season 1 Side Characters:
Clover Kingdom Characters:
Wizard King Black Clover Season 1:
- Lumiere Silvamillion Clover (ルミエル・シルヴァミリオン・クローバ, Rumieru Shiruvamirion Kurōbā)
- Julius Novachrono (ユリウス・ノヴァクロノ, Yuriusu Novakurono)
Wizard King Advisors Black Clover Season 1:
- Marx Francois (マルクス・フランソワ, Marukusu Furansowa)
- Owen (オーヴェン, Ōven)
House of Kira Black Clover Season 1:
One of the three royal houses alongside Houses Vermilion and Silva, House Kira (キーラ家, Kira-ke)’s lineage dates back to the foundation of the Clover Kingdom and genocide of the Elves.
- Augustus Kira Clover XIII (アウグストゥス・キーラ・クローバー13世, Augusutusu Kīra Kurōbā 13-sei)
- Damnatio Kira (ダムナティオ・キーラ)
Black Bull Squad Black Clover Season 1:
- Yami Sukehiro (ヤミ・スケヒロ, Yami Sukehiro)
- Finral Roulacase (フィンラル・ルーラケイス, Finraru Rūrakeisu)
- Magna Swing (マグナ・スウィング, Maguna Suwingu)
- Luck Voltia (ラック・ボルティア, Rakku Borutia)
- Gauche Adlai (ゴーシュ・アドレイ, Gōshu Adorei)
- Charmy Pappitson (チャーミー・パピットソン, Chāmī Papittoson)
- Vanessa Enoteca (バネッサ・エノテーカ, Banessa Enotēka)
- Grey (グレイ, Gurei)
- Gordon Agrippa (ゴードン・アグリッパ, Gōdon Agurippa)
- Zora Ideale (ゾラ・イデアーレ, Zora Ideāre)
- Henry Legolant (ヘンリー・レゴラント, Henrī Regoranto)
- Secre Swallowtail (セクレ・スワロティル, Sekure Suwarotiru)
- Nacht Faust (ナハト・ファウスト, Nahato Fausuto)
Golden Dawn Squad Black Clover Season 1:
The Golden Dawn (金色の夜明け, Konjiki no Yoake) are the strongest order of Magic Knights, at least according to Wizard King Julius’ “Star” System of rankings. The selection of most of its members is later revealed to have been part of Patry’s plan as the majority of them are reincarnated elves.
- William Vangeance (ウィリアム・ヴァンジャンス, Wiriamu Vanjansu)
- Langris Vaude (ランギルス・ヴォード, Rangirusu Vōdo)
- Klaus Lunettes (クラウス・リュネット, Kurausu Ryunettos)
- Mimosa Vermillion (ミモザ・ヴァーミリオン, Mimoza Vāmirion)
- Alecdora Sandler (アレクドラ・サンドラー, Arekudora Sandorā)
- Hamon Caseus (ハモン・カーセウス, Hamon Kāseusu)
Crimson Lion Kings Squad Black Clover Season 1:
The Crimson Lion (紅蓮の獅子王, Guren no Shinshio) are a Magic Knight Squad with close ties to House Vermillion (ヴァーミリオン家, Vāmirion-ke), whose lineage dates back to the foundation of the Clover Kingdom and genocide of the Elves. One branch of the family’s siblings is known for their red hair, desire for strength, and skill in Fire Magic. The other branch is known for its orange hair, conflicting personalities, and skill in nature-based magic.
- Fuegoleon Vermillion (フエゴレオン・ヴァーミリオン, Fuegoreon Vāmirion)
- Leopold Vermillion (レオポルド・ヴァーミリオン, Reoporudo Vāmirion)
- Mereoleona Vermillion (メレオレオナ・ヴァーミリオン, Mereoreona Vāmirion)
Silver Eagles Squad Black Clover Season 1:
The Silver Eagles (銀翼の大鷲, Gin’yoku no Ōwashi) are a Magic Knight Squad with close ties to House Silva (シルヴァ家, Shiruva-ke), whose lineage dates back to the foundation of the Clover Kingdom and genocide of the Elves. The family is known for their silver hair, often arrogant personalities, and skill in water-based magic and steel-based magic.
- Nozel Silva (ノゼル・シルヴァ, Nozeru Shiruva)
- Nebra Silva (ネブラ・シルヴァ, Nebura Shiruva)
- Solid Silva (ソリド・シルヴァ, Sorido Shiruva)
Green Praying Mantises Squad Black Clover Season 1:
- Jack the Ripper (ジャック・ザ・リッパー, Jakku Za Rippā)
- Sekke Bronzazza (セッケ・ブロンザッザ, Sekke Buronzazza)
- En Ringard (エン・リンガード, En Ringādo)
Blue Rose Knights Squad Black Clover Season 1:
An all-female squad built on the principle that women are superior to men in power.
- Charlotte Roselei (シャルロット・ローズレイ, Sharurotto Rōzurei)
- Sol Marron (ソル・マロン, Soru Maron)
Purple Orcas Squad Black Clover Season 1:
- Gueldre Poizot (ゲルドル・ポイゾット, Gerudoru Poizotto)
- Kaiser Granvorka (カイゼル・グランボルカ, Kaizeru Guranboruka)
- Revchi Salik (レブチ・サリーク, Rebuchi Sarīku)
- Xerx Lugner (ザクス・リューグナー, Zakusu Ryūgunā)
Aqua Deer Squad Black Clover Season 1:
- Rill Boismortier (リル・ボワモルティエ, Riru Bowamorutie)
- Dorothy Unsworth (ドロシー・アンズワース, Doroshī Anzuwāsu)
- Kirsch Vermillion (キルシュ・ヴァーミリオン, Kirushu Vāmirion)
The Underwater Temple Black Clover Season 1:
The Underwater Temple is an area under the ocean, in a strong magic region, where the mana force fields are so strong, that the currents prevent even upper-class mages from entering. As such, not many people visit the area, and the people there are very excited to see people from above water. The inhabitants have an alternate appearance as sea creatures. The temple is said to hold one of the magic stones, which are being collected by the Eye of the Midnight Sun, and the Wizard King sends the Black Bulls to retrieve it.
- The temple’s High Priest, Gifso (ジフソ, Jifuso)
- Son of the High Priest, Gio (ジオ, Jio)
- Grandson of the High Priest and Kahono’s older brother. Kiato (キアト, Kiato)
- Kahono (カホノ, Kahono)
Forest of Witches Black Clover Season 1:
A neutral zone between the Diamond Kingdom and the Clover Kingdom, the Forest of Witches (魔女の森, Majo no Mori) is home to an all-female population who use special magic like curses and familiars. Witches are allowed to visit the other kingdoms, but must only live in the forest, or they become criminals. Vanessa Enoteca, Dominante Code, Dorothy Unsworth, and Catherine are from the forest before they fled from the country as fugitives.
- The Witch Queen (魔女王, Majo-ō)
Heart Kingdom Black Clover Season 1:
The Heart Kingdom (ハート王国, Hāto Ōkoku) is a nation south of the Clover Kingdom whose people adapted to the country’s strong natural mana to create unique magic and use a ranking system with Stage Zero at the top.
- Lolopechka (ロロペチカ, Roropechika) is the current Queen of the Heart Kingdom.
- Gadjah (ガジャ, Gaja) is one of the Heart Kingdoms Spirit Guardians.
Antagonists Black Clover Season 1:
- The Eye of the Midnight Sun (白夜の魔眼, Byakuya no Magan)
- Patry (パトリ, Patori)
- Heath Grice (ヒース・グライス, Hīsu Guraisu)
- Valtos (ヴァルトス, Varutosu)
- Rades Spirito (ラデス・スピーリト, Radesu Supīrito)
- Sally (サリー, Sarī)
- Catherine (キャサリンス, Kyasarin)
Third Eye Black Clover Season 1:
While initially presented as the Midnight Sun’s strongest members, they are revealed to be humans possessed by three members of the Apostles of Sephira.
- Rhya (ライア, Raia)
- Vetto (ヴェット, Vetto)
- Fana (ファナ, Fana)
Diamond Kingdom Black Clover Season 1:
A rival kingdom, the Diamond Kingdom (ダイヤモンド王国, Daiyamondo Ōkoku) is a land ruled by a despotic Magic Scholar named Morris, who controls the king and conduct experiments on children like Mars to create soldiers and bolster his country’s military might.
- Morris Libardirt (モリス・リバルダート, Morisu Ribarudāto)
- Lotus Whomalt (ロータス・フーモルト, Rōtasu Fūmoruto)
- Mars (マルス, Marusu)
- Ladros (ラドロス, Radorosu)
- Broccos (ブロッコス, Burokkosu)
- Ragus (ラガス, Ragusu)
- Yagos (ヤーゴス, Yāgosu)
Spade Kingdom Black Clover Season 1:
A kingdom located west of the Clover Kingdom, the Spade Kingdom (スペード王国, Supēdo Ōkoku) is a wintry country whose mages derive their magic from the demons.
- Dante Zogratis (ダ ン テ・ゾグラティス, Dante Zoguratisu)
- Zenon Zogratis (ゼノン・ゾグラティス, Zenon Zoguratisu)
- Vanica Zogratis (ヴ ァ ニ カ・ゾグラティス, Vanika Zoguratisu)
- Gaderois Godroc (ガデロア・ゴドロック, Gaderoa Godorokku)
- Foyal Migusteau (フォヤル・ミグストー, Foyaru Migusutō)
- Svenkin Gatard (スヴェンキン・ガタード, Suvenkin Gatādo)
- Sivoir Snyle (シーヴワル・スナイル, Shīvuwaru Sunairu)
- Halbet Chevour (ハールベート・シュヴール, Hārubēto Shuvūru)
- Hischer Ongg (ヒッシャー・オング, Hisshā Ongu)
- Robero Ringert (ロベロ・リンゲルト, Robero Ringeruto)
- Liebe (リーベ, Rībe)
- Zagred (ザグレド, Zaguredo)
- Megicula (メギキュラ, Megikyura)
- Lucifero (ルチフェロ, Ruchifero)
- Beelzebub (ベルゼブブ, Beruzebubu)
- Lilith (リリス, Ririsu) and Naamah (ナハマー, Nahamā)
- Gimodelo (ギモデロ, Gimodero), Slotos (スロトス, Surotosu), Plumede (プルメデ, Purumede) and Walgner (ワルグナ, Waruguna)
Black Clover Season 1 Review:
Black Clover is a show that is in many ways the literal embodiment of its protagonist’s struggle. Asta goes from being the laughingstock of town to the literal savior of the kingdom. During that internal journey, we also watched the anime gradually evolve and get better as time went on. Production qualities seemingly increased as the popularity increased as well.
For me, the mark of a well-written series is how well you’re able to immerse yourself and truly feel a part of the story. When I first got into Black Clover a couple of years ago, I was easily able to binge the first 99 episodes which were out up to that point in the span of a few days. Episodes went by in what felt like a breeze.
I’ve said numerous times that if Black Clover went seasonal, it would be one of the highest-rated Jump Series. The story is better than MHA and JJK. What has unfortunately been the big bump in the road for BC is the inconsistent production quality throughout. At points, Pierrot has literally had to beg on Twitter for people to help out with episodes.
If you’re on the fence about watching Black Clover, do it. Yes, it has some inconsistent animation at times, but the story is genuinely the best in shonen. Loveable characters, an immersive world, and amazing action sequences make Black Clover one of the only ongoing shonen that I enjoy. Black Clover gets 10 grimoires out of 10.
Can’t decide what to watch?
You don´t know what to watch and Black Clover Season 1 isn´t it? Anime1st has done all the work for you, you can visit our Anime list, to discover the best animes, in drama, adventures, action, romance, comedy, sci-fiction, fantasy, horror, and many other genres that will fascinate you with the stories, the characters, and the performance, just in one place.
ANIME1ST, the best online streaming anime website for free, and with exclusive content every day.
And don’t forget to follow us now!